27 Life Lessons I’ve Learnt Along the Way
This past week it was my birthday, and as I approach my thirties, I’ve been thinking about the most significant things I’ve learnt so far, my major realizations so to speak, and by the end of the list I made, I knew it could really be inspiring material for an article!
Birthdays are so full of magic, there’s something special in the air, anticipation and a breeze of nostalgia. I think that birthdays have a special smell, though it’s probably something that happens only in my memories. Be as it may, they are a great moment for remembrance and also for contemplation.
- A trip is always better than any material thing you can buy
- Losing a job is not the end of the world
- Travelling opens your mind and helps you get rid of a lot of prejudice
- Migrating is one of the most difficult things you can do
- You will learn to integrate your grief into your life, carry on and smile again
- Heartache happens, and there’s no insurance against it
- You’re prettier than you realize
- In the same line, nobody actually pays that much attention to the shape of your body
- Accepting your image solves a great deal of issues
- Everybody, no matter how good looking and fit they are, has some insecurities
- If you fail, the world won’t stop
- If you succeed, the world won’t stop either
- You don’t have to explain yourself
- You will probably go through a great deal of failed relationships
- You will survive each heartache
- Most times, the cause of your heartache will be that they don’t love you enough, and it has nothing to do with you
- You can’t force love
- Your feelings are yours, and nobody can take them away from you
- There’s nothing better than waking up to doing what you love doing
- You won’t always necessarily feel butterflies for your partner and that’s still love
- Not everyone who says to be your friend is actually your friend
- Up to this day, problems have always found a way to resolve, and so far the record doesn’t indicate current or future problems won’t find a way to work out
- Credit cards are a bad idea
- It is okay to embarrass yourself
- Your situation is not as unique as you think
- You can love someone and still don’t want them to be a part of your life
- Just because you’ve been doing something all your life, doesn’t mean it’s good for you, or that you can’t change it
That’s quite a list! What about yours? What are your major realizations? Leave a comment and share your personal wisdom!
|Considering getting a psychic reading? We have carefully screened and selected a range of gifted, compassionate psychic readers to provide clarity and new insights into your life. Online psychics available 24/7.|
Psychic Sibyl is a Tarot and Lenormand reader and mentor with vast experience in the Occult. Her calling is to guide others through the most turbulent times in life as well as provide answers and most importantly, raise questions. For a psychic reading from Sibyl visit her profile page.