How Do Spirit Guides Communicate With Us?
All psychics, mediums, healers and lightworkers all have one thing in common: they are receiving help from the spirit world, spirit guides and their higher self or the God Spark within. I hear many gifted mediums correct themselves when they make a comment of “I am giving you this message” to my spirit guides or whomever they are comfortable saying is giving them the information. What most assume how spirit guides are communicating with the gifted person is usually wrong if they have not experienced it themselves! Here are several ways spirit “talks” to us if open to receive the information formatted in a short-read version from ‘The Keys To The Spirit World’ by Jennifer O’Neill.
1. Through Telepathy. One of the most common ways for a Spirit Guide to communicate with you is through telepathy. Telepathy is when you receive information by hearing or seeing something in your mind, or what is called “your mind’s eye” that another person (or in this case a spirit) has intentionally put there as an attempt to communicate with you. In other words, they are trying to relay a message to you. It can be in the form of words, letters, pictures, or a combination of all of these things.
2. Blocks of Thought. This happens when the information being relayed to you is too much information to give you in just a few pictures or words. Imagine it like this: when you download information from the Internet onto your computer, you get a bunch of information compiled together giving you an overall picture quickly, then you gradually sort through it.
3. A “Knowing.” It is tied into a psychic ability people have called Claircognizance. This is a feeling you will get across your entire being, on a soul level. It is when you already know something is true as if it has already happened. You feel it in the body and it is something you know as fact.
4. Dreams and Meditation. Communication through dreams and meditation is also quite common when you remember them. When you fall asleep you naturally align yourself spiritually; in fact, this is why
you need to sleep. It’s not just to rest your body. It has been scientifically proven that your body gets enough rest during times of sitting throughout the day that it does not require a long period of sleep to recover. Sleep, however, has been programmed into your Soul DNA to make sure that you have a consistent time each day in which you allow yourself to spiritually align again.
5. Hearing With the “Inner Ear.” You hear things in your head from the “inner ear” so it sounds like it is coming from within your inner being, instead of outside of your being like when you hear with the outer ear. When in a very relaxed state it is information that is received, or heard, within. You may ask, “Well how do I know that it is not just my own thinking?” Because it is not information that is reached for, it is just allowed or received. This process of hearing with the inner ear usually takes quite a bit of training and confirmation.
6. Audibly With the “Outer Ear.” When you hear your Spirit Guide audibly, you can hear them just like you hear someone talking to you, only their voice is usually louder, crisper and more startling. When tone or sound travels between dimensions, it comes through with a very unique sound. It is very crisp to your eardrum and you immediately identify it as something you have not heard before. This is your Spirit Guide’s least favorite way to communicate with you as it usually shocks the hell out of you. (paraphrasing here) Hearing your Spirit Guide audibly is not very common, even for psychics and mediums.
Susan Z’s Conclusion:
Having experienced these communications, I can personally agree with all of it. My favorite is hearing with the inner ear but it always puts you into the dilemma of questioning, “is it me or my guide saying this?” Especially if it is about your personal life. You learn to trust your instincts and practice always makes the difference. I can usually know when my ego is messing around with the information I am getting as it sounds “tinny and hollow.” Once I challenge the information, I then know for sure.
King of Cups: Inverted (Upside Down)
Successful energy but also secretive about some things. Since pulled inverted, I would have to say this represents that most gifted people just trust that “inner voice.” Not always a particularly good thing to never question the information as your own personal emotions can sometimes interfere with the subject matter you are tuning in to.
Princess of Cups: Inverted
Youthful energy, sometimes associated with inner child open trust. Pulled inverted, I believe the card is showing that wisdom, practice and leaving the ego out of the equation helps.
Four of Wands:
Change of residence and optimism. I thought this was an interesting card pull because if you ask anyone gifted with messages, they will literally say they make a shift someplace else when they are receiving them.
Susan Z Rich is an emotional addiction counselor, spiritual intuitive and holistic therapist. She counsels others to see life in a more positive way and teaches personal accountability for life choices. She is also the author of several children’s books and Soul Windows…Secrets From The Divine. (life cycles) Learn more at her website: www.szrwhitewings.com