If Wishes Were Horses…Making Our Dreams Come True
How many times in our lifetime, when expressing a personal dream as a child or an adult, were we met with a statement along the lines of: “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride?” Kind of takes the air right out of that rosy future you had your eye on if you looked at your wishes with the attitude, “it will just show up.” And sometimes they do just seem to show up but most of our life dreams are manifested by the amount of work we put into it.
Whether it is in visual manifesting, verbally communicating your wishes to the universe or intensely focusing your physical energy and time on bringing that wish about.
The bottom line of getting what you dream for in life is we must take action rather than simply wishing for what we want. There is a popular misconception that we might be able to just wish our dreams into being by energetic will. Maybe on some other level of consciousness this is the case, but here on earth what we need to do is take action in our lives.
Conversation with the universe
Vision is an important companion to our efforts but it can’t accomplish anything all by itself. When we focus on what we want and ask for what we want, we are initiating a conversation with the universe. Our desires, passionately defined and expressed, bring about valuable and relevant opportunities, which we then respond to by either taking or leaving them.
Many of us are afraid to step out into the world and make things happen, and so we hang back, dreaming and waiting and watching. There are times in life when this is the right thing to do but this time of inaction must eventually give way to being pro-active to build dreams into a reality.
This can be really scary as we may fail and struggle but that’s okay because that’s what we’re supposed to experience. Waiting for everything to be perfect before we act or waiting for what we want to be handed to us, leaves us waiting forever. No one expects us to be perfect, so the best thing we can do for ourselves is to get out there and take action on our dreams.
Achievers are great dreamers (but not the “airy-fairey stuff”). What dreams in life would you have, if you knew you could not possibly fail? With that thought in mind, here are some guidelines to help you merge your dreams with the actual realization of getting them.
10 dream realization tips
- Faith. You must have it in yourself and especially in God, A Higher Power, Supreme Being or whomever you call upon is assisting and co-creating with you.
- Dreams are powerful. A vision for the future can capture your entire heart and at the deepest level within your spirit and soul.
- Think out of the box. Our creative imagination (the way “God “speaks” to us, through our subconscious minds) are the tools to raise the bar in your life. Allow yourself to fantasize.
- Dreams must be backed by some pro-active action. Take small steps and you’ll find that one step leads to another, then the next.
- Spend time daydreaming. Work on your motivation daily. Allow your dream to be at the fore-front of your life, the “core of your being”.
- Develop a success consciousness, that you will achieve your dream one day. Don’t doubt! It’s a positive pattern of thinking, a great attitude/mind-set which manifest dreams into reality.
- Don’t ever surrender to negative assumptions of failure. Statements like, “.”I’m too old, I have no money, no resources, no contacts”. Challenge them. Nothing is impossible. As the proverb says, ” where there’s a will, there’s a way”.
- Keep at it. Don’t walk away in discouragement or impatience from your dream. Persistence is the key! It’s OK to not know where or how it will appear, just that it will.
- Be open and flexible to solutions. No problem is insurmountable to the universe and there may be avenues of help to obtain your dreams that you never could have imagined.
- Never give up on your dream. You can change it, re-invent it or re-imagine it but don’t ever lose sight of it. The alternatives to NOT dreaming is hopelessness, a dark place with no joy.
Susan Z’s Verdict
I have often been amazed when doing my own life scroll, at how many of my wishes and dreams have been fulfilled, both big and small. In hindsight, the realization of how powerful you are in creating your future dreams become very apparent. You may not get them in the time frame you wanted or in the way you expected but you usually get pretty much what you pray for, visualize and manifest. Unless of course, you are dreaming the ridiculous as in being the next Queen of England. You might find the universe may make you queen to somebody or something but not England!
|Considering getting a psychic reading? We have carefully screened and selected a range of gifted, compassionate psychic readers to provide clarity and new insights into your life. Online psychics available 24/7.|
Susan Z Rich is an emotional addiction counselor, spiritual intuitive and holistic therapist. She counsels others to see life in a more positive way and teaches personal accountability for life choices. She is also the author of several children’s books and Soul Windows…Secrets From The Divine.