How to Stay Healthy and Positive During the Coronavirus Pandemic
It seems our lives are being turned upside down right now with fears and insecurity running rampant around the world. How can we not be at least a little scared? Entire cities in Italy are on lock-down and now a city near New York City is on a partial lock-down with members of the United States National Guard being called in to assist. With all this going on it can be hard to stay positive amidst the coronavirus outbreak.
Even the healthiest and most conscientious among us will be at least indirectly affected by this health crisis through the disruption to our daily lives. I live in a city in the U.S. that has yet to have a confirmed case, but the store shelves are bare of disinfecting cleaning products and isopropyl alcohol.
But we absolutely must find the positive in what is starting to grip the world. I know there are many, many concerns, but there are also some good that can come of this. It all comes down to your chosen state of mind.
For the vast majority of us, the greatest threat of this pandemic is to our mental health. In order to prevent that, we need to keep busy and we need to find the good. Find the blessings.
Keeping Busy & Positive
Many of you who have had readings with me or read some of my 7th Sense stories may know what a strong proponent I am of manifestation videos on YouTube. I use them in my own life every single day and often recommend them to clients and other seekers. My favorite are the binaural beats to help people retrain their minds to be positive and change thought process with little to no effort. Please, try them to help you have a brighter and more positive outlook for the long-term.
In addition to strongly suggesting the implementation of the manifestation videos, I have composed a list of things to help you constructively pass the time while holed up in your home during this pandemic:
- Learn to meditate
- Catch up on correspondence
- Learn a foreign language
- Get caught up on your sleep
- Teach yourself how to dance
- Get to know the people you live with
- Catch up with old friends and relatives
- Turn off the news and take a break from social media
- Make your first tik tok video
- Learn the migration pattern of the giraffe (seriously!)
- Participate in what will no doubt be the next big baby boom; maybe we could call them coronababies
I have no doubt YouTube will enjoy a great spike in visitors as more and more of us find ourselves stuck at home. Personally, I have 11 episodes of “This Is Us” I need to catch up on.
Our new, but temporary, reality will most likely get worse before it gets better, but we cannot let it get us down!
Even if you live in a cave or under a rock, you know at least a little about the coronavirus. It has been confirmed on each of the seven continents except Antarctica. It will invariably touch every single one of us living on earth in some way be it as a threat to our own health or that of someone we love but more importantly, it will impact our daily lives to some extent.
Following is a list I have composed to help minimize your risk of contracting the coronavirus:
- Frequently and thoroughly wash your hands
- Avoid large gatherings
- Keep a safe distance between yourself and other persons
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect your surroundings
- Greet people with the “live long and prosper” hand greeting made famous by Dr. Spock and others from the star fleet rather than shake hands
- Shoe bumps instead of fist bumps
- Just plain common sense
You are your own best advocate and defense system in this global pandemic. I implore you to take extra effort at maintaining your own mental health as well as that of those closest to you.
As I wrote above, we absolutely must work to focus on the good that could come of this new pandemic. Here, I have composed a short list of positive things you can focus on:
- Your house will probably never be cleaner
- You may come to know the people you live with on a new level; hopefully better, deeper
- Planet Earth has not been this clean since the Garden of Eden
- Many of us will find out just how strong we are under extreme pressure
- Getting your priorities in order
The bottom line is that absolutely no one knows what lay ahead for us with this current health crisis as it has only been a matter of weeks since the first cases were identified. The scientists do not know, the doctors do not know and certainly not the current president of the United States.
As with all negative situations in your life, how you choose to handle this test will determine how things go for you. Choose wisely. Choose positive.
Tamara is an award-winning writer with over 35 years experience as a Spiritual Life Coach, Psychic, Tarot Reader and Medium. She has worked with individuals all over the world through a myriad of life issues ranging from relationship and marriage counseling to dealing with grief and loss, as well as a whole host in between. She appears as a guest speaker on numerous podcasts and radio shows.