The Do’s And Don’ts Of Communicating With Spirits
I have always been fascinated with spirit communication and know several gifted mediums that do it well. I have also been witness to seances that got really bad quickly because of inexperience and underestimating the power spirits really have in this realm if you give them the key to the door. I was asked recently to join a newly formed spiritualist séance group and thought it would be really cool to be a part of that realm again. Missed the first meeting they had and when I read the excite review of that spirit get together, knew I would not be attending EVER!!!! The young person was extremely excited about her FIRST séance and talked about why she brought the group together. She thought if she started doing seances, she would get over her fear (big important word there!) of spirits. She thought this was a great way of doing it. She wrote of channeled messages coming from the people there, lights flickering and the table vibrating. Now this is what you would call playing a possible “Spin The Possession” game! YOU must be in charge at all times and not just be thrilled at whomever shows up! After reading this, I did a little research and found a good guide of what rules an experienced medium follow. I condensed it to a short read from a guide by Crystal Compton.
1. Always make sure you psychically protect yourself. When you invite spirit in, even if you ask that only those of light nature come forward, they are sneaky little orbs and it’s like leaving a light on your porch with the door open. Oh! That looks like a nice place to hang out, says the raging female spirt who was murdered in her sleep! White light protection is an absolute but you must know how to make it effective.
2. Make sure your intentions are for the highest good involved. If you want to make contact because you think it’s cool, have a fascination with death, want to frighten people or simply want to boast about it to others, you are doing it for the wrong reason. This wrong intention may attract malicious entities seeking to harass and frighten you.
3. Avoid drinking alcohol or taking drugs when communicating with spirits. Substances open a back door to the spirit world whether we are trying to communicate with them or not. If we are under the influence of these substances when attempting spirit communication, we allow all sorts of energies in, especially those attracted to the lower vibration attached to intoxication. Those spirits may be mischievous or even malicious and can cause us far more trouble than we ever anticipated. Low energy spirits just love a drunk medium!
4. Avoid spirit communication when you are feeling negative, imbalanced or unhappy. We attract what we are, so when we are unhappy or negative when working with spirits we will attract those same kinds of energies to us.
5. Avoid attempting to contact spirits with others who are negative, imbalanced or unhappy. For the same reason that you should not be negative when attempting spirit communication, make sure anyone with you also shares the same energy as you, an energy of positivism and love. If you are trying to contact someone’s father who they hated with a passion in life and they just wanted to say it one more time, you are not going to have a good outcome.
6. Avoid fear. Fear sends a strong, appealing signal of the possibly of being manipulated and this signal attracts back things that match it in force. Do not attempt spirit communication if you are afraid of it. If you are curious but also afraid (even a little), spirit communication is not advised.
7. Avoid working with unenlightened or non-evolved spirits. It is better to work with high-level entities such as angels and spirit guides. Remember, earthbound spirits are simply people who are dead. People, no matter alive or dead, are limited by what they know and desire, just like you.
8. Avoid spirits who tell you to listen only to them. Spirits working for your enlightenment and betterment will never tell you to replace your conclusion with theirs. They will never seek to tell you what to do or control you in any way. High-level spirits make suggestions, offer insight and present options.
Susan Z’s Conclusions:
These are all reasonable suggestions for the anyone who is interested in spirit communication. Whether you are the one who is gifted or just participating. Just like those horror movies of the novice Ouija board user who ends up being a bloody mess on the floor or possessed, the gift should be respected and learned well.
Princess of Pentacles:
Youthful energy of a new plan and creativity. I believe this card represents the childlike mesmerizing effect of speaking with the departed and being in awe of it.
Strength: Inverted (Upside Down)
Inner strength. Since pulled inverted, I feel this is about how spirit can use your own strength in not such a good way if not done with fearlessness and wisdom of this special gift.
Three of Swords:
Sadness and melancholy over a situation. Since we are addressing the subject of “speaking to the dead”, this card is not surprising. Most people I know don’t want to put up housekeeping on the other side, they just want to visit and have a conversation with someone passed. It also represents the grief always attached to contacting a spirit that has passed on.
Susan Z Rich is an emotional addiction counselor, spiritual intuitive and holistic therapist. She counsels others to see life in a more positive way and teaches personal accountability for life choices. She is also the author of several children’s books and Soul Windows…Secrets From The Divine. (life cycles) Learn more at her website: www.szrwhitewings.com